What a great day Monday 5th November was in the Hunter Valley with 5 x 500km flights flown from the club’s airfield at Warkworth. Check out the OLC link below for full details of the flights, however a summary of the flights is;
- Mick Webster flew 588km at 99km/h in his LS3
- Paul Mander flew 576km at 98km/hr in his ASH-25
- Jeff Hunt flew 520km at 96kmhr in his Ventus
- Richard Frawley flew 506km at 96km/h in his Mosquito
- David Pickles flew 485km in his PIK (OK, I know this isn’t 500km but it is close enough that it deserves a mention)
There were also another couple of flights and the total OLC distance flown for the day from Warkworth was 3,174km.
These 500km flights were also backing up another 2 x 500km flights by Paul & Mick on Sunday. The flying will continue all week and I expect that there will be a few more notable flights before the week is out.